- Start your day with a large glass of lukewarm lemon water (list of benefits attached).
- For your first meal eat a balanced one. This meal will set the tone for the rest of your day. Choose a meal high in protein, healthy fat and fiber such as 1-2 whole egg + egg whites with avocado / protein or oatmeal (not the instant kind) with berries and protein powder/high quality yogurt. The protein, healthy fat and fiber will help keep you full for longer. This meal doesn’t have to be first thing in the morning.
- Consume enough Protein!!! Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues, make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Hair and nails are mostly made of protein. Examples for protein sources are lean meat, chicken, fish, seafood, cottage cheese. Vegan options would be lentils (easier to digest than beans), quinoa, tofu, raw nuts (in moderation) and high quality vegan powder to meet your body’s needs. As for eggs, which are a good source, make sure to purchase the highest quality (organic, omega-3, etc..).
- As for cholesterol – there’s a preconceived notion that eggs/chicken liver increase LDL levels. However, the real damage caused mainly by low quality baked goods, sweets and processed foods. So first I’d suggest to reduce/eliminate these foods from your diet! Second, add oats and healthy fats such as raw walnuts, ground flaxseeds, avocado and extra virgin olive oil. These foods will help improve your cholesterol level
- Choose nutritious foods for your meals! Meals should be composed of a variety of green vegetables (kale, asparagus, spinach, green beans, etc), some fruits (berries, apples), healthy fats (avocado, olive/coconut oil, raw nuts & seeds), lean protein sources (chicken, turkey, lean beef or fish, yogurt, tofu) and complex carbs (quinoa, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, or brown rice). Eating foods high in fiber, low in sugar, and high in protein as well as choosing the right fats and complex carbohydrates will ensure you feel satisfied, energetic, and getting steady stream of nutrients your body needs. With that being said – even when you dine out ALWAYS make sure to choose food that is cooked/baked/steamed/grilled. Avoid simple carbs/desserts/excess alcohol (of course occasionally is totally fine). Even in airports there are better options as salad bar, raw nuts, fruits..
- Get into a habit of pre-packing your meals and snacks to work (as much as possible). For snacks: hard boiled eggs, protein shake and raw nuts with apple would be ideal. As for meals, using a meal service could be helpful and save you time. If you can’t pre-pack keep with the healthy salad you order.
- Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate!!! When your body is dehydrated, it’s common to feel tired, experience headache, muscle cramps and sluggishness. Drinking enough water throughout the day is an easy fix. Benefits: * flushes toxins from the body * reduces inflammation * aids in weight management * improves skin complexion * boosts cognitive function and increases energy.
- Lastly- Be mindful! It’s your body, fuel it kindly and respect it
OsiBodyFit has added a new fitness tracking system at her Las vegas location
OsiBodyFit has added a new fitness tracking system at her